Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hyposcrisy?

So I feel a little hypocritical. I admit it.

We just signed Jonah back up for Montessori School.

I think that Montessori School is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but I honestly believe homeschool is where it's at.

They offered us a 50% scholarship and Michael's parents offered to pay the other 50%. Michael felt good about it. I wasn't sure what to do... So we did it.

I'm afraid things are going to go terribly wrong.

There are some good things. Having him at Montessori gives me time to accomplish a ton at home, but I'll miss the little bugger a LOT. I know that isn't a reason to homeschool. The thing about homeschooling is that really, we were having trouble finding enough money to pick up good materials, and now, Montessori will be free. He did very well there last year.

I am worried because he'll have a new teacher this year, who may or may not understand him as well as his last teacher.

I feel that my advocation for homeschooling has been a big fat lie because now here I am sending my own child back to an organized system.

Albeit, Montessori is as far from organized as organized systems get, but still.

I have to say, I think homeschooling is best.

I think that this might work out very favorably, however, because after this year Maeryn will be easier to manage, able to understand, etc and Jonah and I will be able to work much better on the homeschool stuff. Plus...maybe our money situation will be better by then.

I'm still crossing my fingers for our land to sell, us to sell our house, and buy an RV for a year across country on the open road with nothing before or behind - but we'll see how all of that pans out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...