Sunday, July 18, 2010

No Run Reflection.

I am not running because the acupuncturist said that it was exasperating my condition.

I hate it.

Running is easy.  Running consists of putting on shorts, a t-shirt, and sneakers and running out the door, coming back, stretching, showering, going about my day.

Cycling is decidedly more complicated and I'm scared to ride my bike on most of the roads around here due to the number of cyclists who have been killed or injured by motorists in the past few years.  I also have a hard time getting my bike down off of the rack by myself, and I don't want to inconvenience Michael to get it for me.  I also don't want to ride by myself.  Riding by yourself sometimes really sucks.

Swimming is even more work.  Not only do I have to change attire, I also have to DRIVE somewhere.  For me this almost defeats the purpose of exercise.

I LOVE swimming.  Don't get me wrong - but it takes at least an extra half an hour to get to the pool, then the workout, the changing clothes...  I don't know if I'm willing to give up that much of my day.

So here I am.

And I ate an awful lot of birthday cake.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...