Monday, September 27, 2010

Stay-cation: Entry 5.

Saturday was the day I had been looking forward to all week.

Ren Fest!

We left the house around 10:30 AM to drive the hour and a half to the Maryland Renaissance Festival.

The kids weren't sure they wanted to go - they were thinking about staying home and taking in some more Go, Diego, Go!, but we assured them it would be worth their while to see the sites at Ren Fest.

I hadn't been to a Renaissance Festival since high school.  It was better than I remembered, though I wished I had $300 or so to blow...


At the gate, there were jesters blowing bubbles on all of the patrons, setting the scene for entrance into another time.

There were tons of shops displaying goods and garb from the past, musicians and street performers at every turn, and more shows and demonstrations than you could hope to see in just one day.

I think I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking:

The glass blower.




Acrobats!

Henry V in 20 minutes.

The wooden slide.

Wee Bains area. 


The joust!

Frozen sorbet in an orange rind - we shared  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...