Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How Strewing Works: In Pictures

Strewing is a term unschoolers use to describe one way we introduce new things to our kids about the world.  This morning I went for a walk on the beach.  Last night I'd talked to Maeryn about seashells coming in with the tide.  I grabbed several shells during my walk and kept them in my backpack.  When I got home, both kids were still sleeping, so I washed the shells and cleaned off the kitchen table.  Then I placed the shells on a papertowel in the middle. And I waited.

You never know what will come of your strewing. Sometimes it's ignored or dismissed.  Sometimes it's the cause of much excitement and whole other journeys come out of it.  Sometimes it works in a way you never thought of yourself...  that is often how it works for us.





My walk, my shells, some paints...  a lovely and cozy Fairy House.  Welcome Faer Folk!


And that is an example of strewing  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...