Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hiking the New Mexico Mountains



On the way to the caverns, we saw these incredible mountains in a neighboring National Park and we knew we had to hike them.  So the next day, we did!


BEWARE OF MOUNTAIN LIONS!

The view was spectacular. I'm not used to how far I can see in every direction. 

This mountain reminded me of a pyramid.

We hiked about 1.5 miles, having learned that trying to hike a whole lot farther normally results in a lot of frustration all around - at least with the entire family. 





I loved this hike.  I loved how far you could see and the excitement of mountain lions and Jonah with his field journal.  So much beauty.  My favorite thing about New Mexico so far is that when you look around you see so much brown.  Just brown.  Bland, plain brown.  And then sunset happens - and all of those pinks and purples and yellows are reflected off of everything.  You must see it.  You really must.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...