Sunday, July 26, 2009

dirty jeans

I haven't washed my jeans for quite some time. I think I've been wearing them four days now. They are sort of itchy.

I remember this one time in college, my friend Keith didn't wash his jeans for three weeks. We all told him how gross he was and he told us how we didn't know what we were missing because they were so soft and comfy.

I'm thinking you can probably go to the extreme with anything...

But I just read the Irresistible Revolution so I'm all revved up about social justice and action and whatnot.

Michael hasn't read it yet, but he's heard me rant and rave for the last three days and we're seriously thinking of selling our house and getting an RV. Then just heading out on a God journey all over the place just loving on people. Michael just quitting his job. Using the cash from the sale of the house and just trusting God to take care of us when the money runs out.

Most people will say this is irresponsible, foolish, and more. According to the book, that's a pretty good indication we're doing the right thing.

We're looking into health insurance for the kids and things of that nature.

The thing that's hard about this whole thing is that I have this part of myself clambering for my children to have a "normal" American childhood, which is basically pretty selfish, but I'm scared of going that far outside the norm - for their sake more than anything.

But going out, doing this thing - they will learn more than hanging around our house and never seeing that there are people with less than us. It's not real to them.

Maeryn's a little too small to get it right now, but Jonah is ripe for understanding such things.

Michael is out running six miles right now.

I haven't done a thing this week to stay in shape. Hoping to get in a thirty mile ride sometime this week, though the week is pretty packed.

If you're reading this, please pray that God will direct us in the ways we need to change our life as a family to be Jesus to the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...