Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sunburn

Yesterday I took the kids to the pool and we were there for two hours during the hottest part of the day.

Foolish? Sure. I know that. But that's when the pool opens (11 AM) and my friends were going to be there with their kids and Maeryn naps at 12:45ish, so time was short. We ended up staying until 1 anyway, but that's beside the point.

I slathered sunscreen on both kids, but we were running short on the stuff, so I only did my face. I paid for it with some seriously pink splotches on my back.

I normally don't burn.

But the deal is this - I am glad.

I know that sounds strange and somewhat stupid, but having the sunburn made me feel a little more human than usual, and it was a good feeling. I took a bath last night because my back pain was horrendous, and it stung and sunburn. I felt like - wow, I did something outside yesterday. I did something "real". Taking the kids to the pool and just hanging out was good.

I know that my entries lately haven't been all that adventurous, but sometime just being a family with as a stay at home mom is an adventure by iteself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...