Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer Schedule.

As summer draws nigh, I am motivated to think out a routine for the kids - mostly for me - to make sure I don't spend all day doing stupid things, like sitting in front of the computer, for example.  I also want to make a list of things we should do this summer as far as little day-trips or weekend trips if we happen to have the extra cash (haha!)

I've already schedule swimming lessons for them, but they don't start until mid-July since we have a family trip to Denver planned to see my brother-in-law and his wife, along with their son, Jeremiah.  We are going on this trip, driving the entire way, with my Mother and Father-in-law.  Should make for an interesting time, to say the least. 

We are also doing a family camping trip on the last day of Jonah's school - I'm hoping it will become a family tradition to go camping at the end of the school year.  We did it last year and it was awesome, except for the fact that Maeryn refused to sleep in the tent...  Hoping that is remedied this year.  We'll see what happens.

I'd also really like to hit up Sesame Place and Idlewild Park this summer.  I think they would be so much fun for the kids, and maybe we can get some friends (you know who you are), to join us for the Idlewild festivities.  Gosh - I miss the summer days when I went to Idlewild several times a year and ate waffle cones piled high with strawberries, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream topping...

But I digress.

For our routine I am hoping to make it pretty simple.

Mornings will be out on the town, out in the world, adventure time.  Library, pool, playground, water park, hiking, gardening, - crazy play time.

Afternoons will be down time.  Naps for Maeryn, rest time/project/quality time for Jonah and me.  I want to keep him reading and learning throughout the summer for sure.

In the evenings I hope for oodles of family time.

I plan NOT to do a theatre project for the summer.  We'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...