Monday, June 27, 2011

Bus update.



Some of you have been waiting oh so patiently to read about the goings-on when it comes to our bus adventure plans.

So here's the low-down:

Michael called the garage where our bus is based.  It went something like this:

Receptionist:  Hello?

Michael:  Hi, My name is Michael and I'm calling to check on the status of one of your school buses.  It was supposed to be available around this time and my family and I are planning to buy it.

R:  I don't know anything about that.  S isn't here.

Michael:  S told me months ago that this bus would be available at around $2500.

R:  I don't know if we have any buses available.  They aren't in yet.  They aren't priced.

Michael:  Okay...  well could you just have S call me when he gets in?

R:  He should be in today.

Michael:  Okay, thanks.

Later that day...

No call from the receptionist, or S.  Michael calls again.

R:  Hello?

Michael:  Hi, this is Michael, I called earlier today about the buses.

R:  I don't know anything about any buses for sale right now.

Michael:  Okay - can I talk to S?

R:  S isn't available.

Michael:  Is there anyone there I can talk to who might know something about this?

R:  I don't think we have any buses.  They're out with the drivers being cleaned.  None of them have prices.  We'll do that later this week.

Michael:  Okay.  Thank you for your time.



So after Michael got off work, we went to the garage.

Apparently, S was there, but much too busy to see anyone.  The receptionist was not exactly friendly, but the bus we were looking for was parked in the lot  and she told us we could go ahead and look at it.

We are supposedly choosing between a bus available now and a bus available in August.  We had seen the August bus a few times, but never this one.

Michael scoured it and looked at every little piece.  We realized the tires were much better on the August bus, and the body a little better on this bus, so we are most likely going with the August bus, but we'll see.

There was a promise of a phone call last Thursday from S, and it never happened, so Michael is calling again today.

I'm hoping the man is just busy and the receptionist is just clueless, and we're not being taken for a ride...so to speak.

2 comments:

Stan Cardwell said...

you can ask Becca to drive one back from Guatemala for you - they buy our school buses and turn them into tricked out commuter buses.

Missy said...

Ooh, I like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...