Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Today we hiked at the Chestnut Land Trust Trails and explored the Algonquin Village at Jefferson Patterson Park.

Yesterday we spent the evening putting the kitchen together on the bus.

Our maiden voyage is slated for the beginning of November, when we will travel to ARGH (Autodidact Radical Gathering of Homeschoolers), in the mountains of Tennessee.  I am looking forward to ARGH, but a little nervous because it will be in a new location.  I loved Roan Mountain, and our own little family cabin with a woodburner and the loft for the kids.

This year we will be joined by friends Hanniel and Mike, who will be sharing an RV site with us and joining us for the ride from Southern Maryland.

Yesterday was Michael's birthday.

I made a cake and decorated it like the bus (Jonah's idea).  He was happy about it, and I was happy that he was happy.

The kids and I spent most of the day playing Minecraft.  I made a house of which I'm rather proud.

I guess this entry comes off as a little strange and disjointed.  I guess that's how I'm feeling.  How I've been feeling for months.

We have started attending our church during the morning services for the first time since Jonah was born.  It's this strange combination of feeling out of place and coming home.

My son is 8 years old.  My husband is 33.

I am happy that it is fall.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...