Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Park Day

I brought all of our postcards and wrote them out on the picnic table.  Jonah joined me for a few minutes to pen a note to his homeschool group in Maryland.

My kids don't always like to go out.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before or not.  But they don't.  Sometimes they are content to stay inside the bus for days on end.  Days.

In Danville we had unlimited internet: the campground had free WiFi, so we didn't have to use the cellular and worry about overages.   The kids took full advantage.  Binge-watched Netflix.  Played games online.  Chatted with friends on Facebook.  It was nice.  But after the third day I was a little stir crazy... so I asked them if we could please go to the park.

They came!


Several people brought bread to feed the geese and ducks.

Maeryn said she wanted to study the ducks.  She found these feathers and tried to figure out to which ducks they belonged.

Then she joined them for some closer observation.  She even squatted down and quacked a bit while using her crooked elbows as "wings" to see if they might hang out with her.  Sometimes it worked.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...