Wednesday, August 7, 2013

...the others Gold

Leaving our friends in Southern Maryland was difficult, but being on the road has taught us that real friendships stay friendships.  You don't forget that kind of love: family without blood ties.

On our way out of the Niagara area, we skirted through Rochester, and semi-surprised our friend, Kayleigh, with a visit at her job at the local cinema.


Kayleigh one of my former students who makes me glad I quit teaching: so I could cultivate relationships with these wonderful people as they grow up into fantastic adults, and treasured friends.  Kayleigh has been a favorite babysitter for the kids for years, and seeing her is always exciting.

This day also happened to be my birthday, so before heading to the movie theater, we ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in Rochester.  It was my friend visit to a Cheesecake Factory.  I was not disappointed.

Unfortunately for everyone, we could not stay long at the theater, but had to move on to our next destination: Ithaca, NY.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...