Wednesday, September 18, 2013

An Answer to Prayer

The kids with their new friend.

At first, I was annoyed with Tiffany.

Maeryn and Jonah met her on the playground across from the bus and she was always. around.

She wanted to be on the bus playing with their toys.  She wanted to share their chocolate chip cookies.  She wanted to have lunch at our house.  And dinner.  And she was knocking on the door at ungodly hours of the morning ready to play.

I am used to peace and quiet.

It's been awhile since I've had kids other than my own running around this place.

And so I sort of wanted to get out of the campground and go somewhere.  Anywhere.

But the kids begged to stay at the campground today.  Begged to go to the pool with their new friend.  Begged to have her inside their rooms.  Begged to be with her constantly.

And I was annoyed.

I prayed, "God help me to deal with this situation.  Help me to deal with this child.  Help me to be loving to her and to my children.  Help me!"

And then Tiffany knocked on the door for the tenth time that day.  I answered with a sigh.

And she handed me this:





"This is for you!"  she said, and ran off holding Maeryn's hand.

And as I slowly pulled the bus door closed, I remembered that Tiffany was an answer to prayer.

Thank you, Lord, for sending my children a friend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...