Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Drive the Bus


We left Seattle shortly after Michael returned.

We were hauling over two days to Salt Lake City, breaking up nights at a Flying J.

The first day Michael drove several hours without help.

The second day he asked if I might be willing to drive.

I have never driven the bus and I have never wished to drive it.

It's one of those things I could go my whole life without doing.

But Michael was so tired and this particular road seemed pretty tame.

So... I offered to do it.

He pulled over.

I hyperventilated.

And I slid into the driver's seat.

I got a crash course on the control panel in the dash.

Michael slumped down onto the couch.  Maeryn wanted to snuggle.

I tried not to scream out loud...  too much.


I drove about 45 minutes.

That was enough.

No one died.

This is winning.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...