Monday, September 27, 2010

Stay-cation: Entry 3.

I haven't been updating the way I'd usually like to, but I think it just goes to show you how full and awesome our week together at home as a family was.

I'm going to break up the week into separate entries, just for organizational purposes, even though it's over, sadly.

We arrived home from my parents' house on Wednesday night after a great day at Kooser Dam and exploring the Laurel Highlands in general (I'm from Johnstown, PA, so it was a really nice time for me - everything felt familiar) and Thursday we decided to just hang out and take things easy.

The kids watched an immense amount of television, I painted in acrylics on canvas, and Michael built this:


We later painted it to match the kitchen walls (they're eggplant) and inserted the kids' coloring and activity books.  I LOVE it.  Michael said it's one of the most complex things he's ever built.  It took him all day, but I think it looks GREAT!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...