Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Preparing for Adventure.



I'm not sure what the week will bring.  Or the day.  Or the year, month, season...

And that's okay with me.

I'm EXCITED about that.

Wow - that's progress for me  :-)

I wanted to link up my Inspired Tuesday blog from my Christian feminist website, in case you're interested - there's some cool stuff posted there today - oh and check out yesterday's post too - it says a lot about what's been going on in my head lately.

In addition, I wanted to say that Wednesday we're taking a bit of a road trip to check out buses.  I don't think we'll be buying anything, but we'll be getting a good idea about what our price range actually looks like in the "flesh".  We're also hoping to check out the intentional community house I've talked about before on this blog.  Not sure we'll have time to arrange all that, but I think it's important for us to know our options and we'll most likely be driving through the area, so why take an extra trip?  We're also hoping to hook up with Michael's parents for dinner, but none of this is formally planned, so we'll see how it all pans out.

Either way, I'm just excited to be doing something daring like going away in the middle of the week. 

I know, that's sort of sad, but let's face it, you can't just take off work any old random Wednesday you feel like it when you work a regular job outside the home.  I'm stoked.

The past few days have been good days.

Michael and Jonah returned from their three day on the AT (I'm hoping Michael will guest post about that right here tonight - I heard there are some great stories including a dog, a unicyclist, a campfire, and a myriad of other things - perhaps not all at once, but nonetheless, I'm especially interested in that unicyclist) and both of them were tired, but happy.  I'm so glad they got to have the experience. 

Maeryn and I had an all girls weekend.  We baked brownies, went to the Maker's Market at AnnMarie Garden and purchased a few homemade finger puppets ($1 each and after we bought two the artist gave us one for free!), watched a Blues Clues marathon, scarfed pizza, went to a brunch at our church, browsed through a local art gallery - it was a good weekend.  I even got to hang out with some girlfriends on Friday night.  I missed my boys, but I think it was positive for all of us to do our own things for a weekend.  Glad to have them back around the house now  :-)

Sunday night we went to The Refinery as a family.  The kids got balloons.  They've popped now, but here are some pictures of our balloon experience in the hours before the popping:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...